Casio EX-ZS100 14MP Digital Camera gets introduced
Casio EX-ZS100 is a 14MP digital camera with a special silent mode, actually, it’s the “first silent camera”, its Silent Mode automatically configures the camera settings to avoid disturbing others around you. It also comes with a 12.5x optical zoom lens. The camera will be available from 18th August 2011, it would cost £149.99.
The Casio EX-ZS100′s Hi-zoom model equipped lens allows users to shoot wide angle :24mm – telephoto :300mm range as well as being able to shoot up close and personal – up to 1cm away from the object using its macro focus function.
Below comes the full list of specifications this Casio camera has.
- File Format: Still images: JPEG (Exif Ver. 2.3), DCF2.0, DPOF
- Movies: Motion JPEG, AVI format, IMA-ADPCM (monaural)
- Audio (Voice Recording): WAV format (monaural)”
- Recording Media: 13.6MB* built-in flash memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card compatible (*Built-in memory capacity after formatting)
- Still images: 14M(4320×3240)/3:2(4320×2880)/16:9(4320×2432)/10M(3648×2736)/6M(2816×2112)/3M(2048×1536)/VGA(640×480)”
- Movies: HD(1280 X 720) / STD(640X480). Movie recording time is limited at 29 minutes. (@DI/EU/UK/CA)
- Number of Effective Pixels: Approx. 14.1 megapixels (/million)
- Image Sensor: 1/2.3-inch square pixel CCD
- Total Pixels: 14.48 megapixels (/million). Lenz / Focal Length: F3.0(W) – F5.9(T) / f=4.24 – 53.0mm (Approx. 24 – 300mm equivalent to 35mm film) 9 lenses in 8 groups, including aspherical lens.
- Zoom Ratio: 12.5 x optical zoom, 4x digital zoom (50 times both with optical and digital zoom) 159.5x maximum digital zoom (in combination with HD Zoom, VGA size)”
- Focus Type: Contrast Detection Auto Focus
- Focus Mode: Auto Focus, Macro, Super Macro, Infinity mode, Manual focus
- AF Area: Spot, Multi, Tracking
- Focus Range: o Auto focus: Approx. 5cm – Infinity (W). o (Still Images) Macro: Approx. 1cm – 50cm (Fifth step from Widest Setting)
- Super Macro: Approx. 1cm – 50cm
- Infinity mode: Infinity
- Manual focus: Approx. 5cm – Infinity (W) * Using optical zoom causes the aperture to change.
- Exposure Metering: Multi pattern, (centre weighted for some BS scenes) by CCD
- Exposure Control: Program AE
- Exposure Compensation: -2EV to +2EV (in 1/3EV steps)
- Shutter Type: CCD electronic shutter and mechanical shutter
- Shutter Speed: o Auto : 1/2 – 1/2000 second. o Night Scene : 4 – 1/2000 second (Depending on user’s setting of Camera)
- Aperture: F3.0(W) – F7.9(W) (ND filter is being used) (Using optical zoom causes the aperture to change.)
- White Balance: Auto WB, Daylight, Overcast, Shade, Day white Fluorescent, Daylight Fluorescent, Tungsten, manual WB”
- Sensitivity: Still images: Auto/ ISO64/ ISO100/ ISO200/ ISO400/ ISO800/ ISO1600 (SOS)*
- Movies: Auto: * SOS: Standard Output Sensitivity.
- Self-Timer: 10 seconds, 2 seconds, Triple Self-timer
- Flash Mode: Auto, Flash off, Flash on, Red eye reduction
- Flash Range: Normal: o Approx. 0.4 – 2.67 m (W). o Approx. 0.9 – 1.36 m (T) * Range is affected by optical zoom.
- Flash Charge Time: Approximately 5 seconds
- Recording Functions: Snapshot , BEST SHOT, easy Mode, Silent, Marco, Self-timer, Continuous shooting(Normal Speed CS), Face Detection, Anti Shake, Lighting, Movie(Normal Movie, For YouTube), Voice Recording. o Audio recording is monaural”
- Playback Functions: Playback Zoom(8X), 25-image Screen, BGM Slideshow, Start-up Images, Rotate, Re-size, Trimming, Copy
- Other Functions: Eye-Fi Wireless Card compatible, Video Output(NTSC/PAL), PictBridge, Focus Frame Customization, Key Customization, USB charging
- Image Deletion: “One image / Selected images / All images with memory protect function”
- Approximate Maximum Audio: After Recording: 30 seconds per image
- Recording Times: Voice Recording: 39 minutes 51 seconds (when using built-in memory)
- Monitor: 2.7-inch TFT colour LCD 230,400 dots (960 x 240)”
- Viewfinder: LCD monitor
- Timekeeping Function: Date and Time: Recorded with image data with time stamp function
- Auto Calendar: To 2049
- World Time: 162 cities in 32 time zones, city name, date, time, summer time
- External connection terminal: USB port (Hi-Speed USB compatible, USB charging) / AV output terminal (NTSC/PAL)
- Microphone: Monaural
- Speaker: Monaural
- Power Source: Rechargeable lithium ion battery (NP-80) x1
- Power Consumption: 3.7V DC, Approximately 2.8W
- Dimensions(Tentativeness): 102(W) x 58.9(H) x 28.7(D) mm (excluding projections; 21.1mm)”
- Weight: o Approximately 185g (Including Battery and Memory Card*) . o Approximately 164g (Excluding Battery and Memory Card) * 1GB : When using Panasonic Pro High Speed 1GB SD Memory Card.
Well, what’s your opinion on the Casio EX-ZS100 14MP Digital Camera?